- Why would I pay to Volunteer?
- Where does the money go?
- Will my volunteer experience be worthwhile?
- Is there an age preference?
- Are these projects and trips for me?
- Why volunteer though FRONTEERING?
- How do I make a difference?
- Who really benefits?
- Project assessment
- Your accommodation and meals
- Our in-country coordinators
- Do I need a Visa?
- Are your projects and trips available all year round?
- Are they language requirements?
- What is the booking deadline?
- How does the application process work?
- Is it possible to combine volunteer projects and adventure travel trips?
- Are flights & insurance included in the project/trip fees?
- Can I travel to the destination before my project/trip starts?
- Is airport pick up included?
- Will I be involved with local communities or just with other volunteers?
- What if I do not feel well during my project/trip?
- What if I have problem/emergency occurs?
- Can I change my project if I don’t like it?
- Am I allowed to travel during the stay at my project?
FRONTEERING offers the best possible volunteer abroad service to offer you a great volunteer experience in some of the more unspoiled places of this world while having the convenience of arranging your airport pick up, transfer, accommodation and excursions arranged. Furthermore during your volunteer abroad experience you will have our ongoing in-country support for your own piece of mind and safety.
Most of our volunteer abroad costs involved to arrange your experience is spend on location in the destination of your choice. In most cases meals, accommodation, airport pickups, in-country transfers (by boats, horses, 4x4, busses, helicopters and light aircrafts), community donations, guides, safety measures, in-country coordinators, 24/7 emergency service, excursions and orientations are included.
On average over half of the fees you pay to take part in our volunteer abroad projects or adventure travel trips is spend in the country of your destination for your support, safety and experience. Working in these remote destinations is often quite costly as things like transfers and accommodation can be more difficult to organize.
The rest of the fee is spent on marketing, administrative support and of course a small profit to be able to sustain and grow the business.
Definitely! Our volunteer abroad projects are designed to make a true difference in some of the most extraordinary places of this world helping out for a good cause while having the adventure of a life time. Our adventure travel trips are also designed to help with long-term sustainability through eco-tourism.
Most of our volunteer abroad projects and adventure travel trips are designed for those between the ages of 18-35 years of age however some of our projects are also available for those with more and less life experience.
All though many of our volunteer abroad projects are more for those with an adventurous spirit our many of our other trips and projects do cater for those of all walks of life. If you are unsure if a certain project is the right match for you, feel free to consult us at any time!
FRONTEERING will take you to places off the beaten path, places which in some case you maybe even didn’t know they existed!
Our volunteers that volunteer abroad do not only make a immediate difference by helping for local good causes but especially on the long term through sustainability. For example through setting up eco-friendly tourism with local Amerindian communities in the jungles of Guyana; loggers and miners can be kept out by giving the jungle a sustainable economic value and with that sustaining it’s flora and fauna and the Amerindians way of live (choosing a long term sustainable gain over a short term gain).
Local communities benefit through a sustainable income through our volunteer abroad proejcts. It’s local wildlife, plant life and indigenous cultures benefit by sustaining the environment. We benefit through having the privilege of having you as a customer so that we can carry on our life changing services and you will benefit through having a experience of a life time! In short we all benift!
We assess all our volunteer abroad projects and adventure travel trips carefully to make sure you will be helping with a true good cause that is adventurous, of the beaten path while having all the needed safety measures in place. For more information please go to our volunteer abroad projects section
While we focus on what works and not on what looks fancy we at FRONTEERING make sure that your accommodation is up to standards and your meals are nutritious. For more information regarding meals and volunteering abroad please check our accommodation and meals section of each individual volunteer abroad project
We at FRONTEERING select our In-country volunteer abroad coordinators very carefully and make sure they have the best of any experience you could ever need to work in the last frontiers of this world. From former Jungle commando rescue team leaders to Ex-UK Special forces and former UN Peace Corps members, you will be in good hands. For more information about our in-country coordinators please visit our Meet the Team section.
Depending on your volunteer abroad destination or where you are from you maybe will need to apply for a visa or work permit depending on which of our volunteer abroad projects or adventure travel trips you choose. If you are not sure if you require a visa or work permit then please contact us at any time.
We try to have our volunteer abroad projects available throughout the year however some projects or trips are dependent on the season. For more info on specific start dates please check the individual volunteer abroad projects and adventure travel trips.
For most projects and trips and intermediate level of English and in some cases Spanish is required.
All though last minute volunteer abroad bookings are possible we recommend you to apply for at least 3 months in advance as our volunteer abroad projects and adventure travel trips do fill quite quickly and availability can be limited.
To apply, ask questions or to request more information for a volunteer abroad project or trip, please visit the specific volunteer abroad project or adventure travel trip you are interested in and click on the apply now button to fill out a short application/information request form (in case you are not certain yet if this is project/trip for you don’t worry as this will not finalize your booking).
- Inquire about a volunteer abroad or adventure travel trip and have any questions answered (what do things costs, safety, visa requirements, travel recommendations, etc)
- Book your trip and fill out our application form
- We will update you about any specific requirements you will need to be aware of
- Get accepted in our program and Pay for your trip
- Receive your volunteer/trip confirmation
- In case needed; apply for a visa and in some cases a work permit/police check (certificate of good conduct). At FRONTEERING we have an
- extensive knowledge and can assist regarding visa related questions.
- Book your flight ticket and update us about your flight details
- Receive your arrival package
- Arrange suitable travel and health insurance
- Consult your doctor and/or local travel clinic for advice on vaccinations and medication which could be recommend for your destination.
- Prepare for your trip, get your things to bring ready and make sure to be physically fit.
- We are available for questions any time!
- Get to ready travel and for your lifetime experience!
- Our in-country coordinators are there to assist or answer any questions.
Definitely! At FRONTEERING we try to accommodate you as much as possible and if you would like to combine certain projects and/or trips we will work this out for you.
Your international roundtrip flight to the volunteer abroad destination, health and travel insurance are not included in the project/trip fees. However we are more than happy to give advice of where to book your flights or where to arrange your insurance.
Definitely! In some cases discounts are applicable if you already arrived at the volunteer abroad destination prior to the project/trip start date, for more information please contact us by email.
Yes in almost all our volunteer abroad projects and adventure travel trips airport pick is included. However in some cases where airport pick up seems to be unnecessary or overpriced we have decided to not include this service. To be sure if airport pick up is included in your project/trip of interest please check the; what’s included section of the specific project/trip.
Both, in all our volunteer abroad projects you will be involved with locals and international volunteers. In some of our projects and trips you will have the privilege to work with and meet indigenous people who will happily share their fascinating culture and way of life.
If at any time during the volunteer abroad experience/trip you do not feel well please inform your project supervisor, your in-country coordinator/ trip leader and our FRONTEERING office as soon as possible so that we can act accordingly.
We at FRONTEERING, your project supervisor/trip leader and in-country volunteer abroad coordinator are there to help you on ongoing basis during your volunteer experience/trip. If at any time require our assistance please contact your project supervisor, your in-country coordinator and our FRONTEERING office as soon as possible so that we can act accordingly.
In general we require you to finish the period you have committed to the volunteer abroad project as it can make it difficult for the project to continue its good cause as they are reliant on your help.
You can travel during the days you get off (1 or 2 days per weeks) however you will not be able to take additional days of during your stay at your volunteer abroad project and all longer term travel plans should be saved for after your volunteer experience has ended. Feel free to ask us any travel advice!