British Columbia, Canada$1595.00
Take the opportunity to take part in a environmental related internship in the world's number one most liveable city: Vancouver! Need to gain professional experience or if you need to do an internship for your study within the environmental sector, then this is the placement for you!
The Environmental Internship Programs is a great way of gaining real-world, hands-on professional career-related work experience at various host organizations in Vancouver Canada! See first-hand what it is like to put your university courses into practice in an international company. Surrounded by ski resorts, The Ocean and endless forests rich in wildlife: experience the best of both worlds and discover why Vancouver so often as the number one city in the world!
This Is Why
- Take part in a professional environmental related internship to gain experience, credits and the time of your life
- Have the great opportunity to live in of the most amazing cities in the world: Vancouver
- Find out why Vancouver was chosen as the world’s best livable city located between the mountains and the Ocean.
- Several Ski areas located in the area!
- Get involved in our community of interns where you will make friends instant
- Key Start Dates
Year Round, we recommend to book 3 months in advance as we will need to assist you to apply for a work permit
- Package Prices
08 Weeks: $1595.00 US
12 Weeks: $1695.00 US
16 Weeks: $1795.00 US
20 Weeks: $1895.00 US
- Volunteer duration
8 - 24 weeks
- Average Work hours
5 days per week, 8 hours per day
- Number of Interns
- Internship accommodation
Available on request at extra cost
- Housing Type
Homestay including 3 meals a day or room for rent
- Internet Access
- Who Are They Looking For?
Professional interns that either need to do an internship for their study or who want to gain experience. It is important to be hard working, open minded, flexible and outgoing.
Fast Facts: Canada
Where? North America, Canada
Country Size: 9,984,670 km2
3,854,085 sq mi
Population density? 3.41/km2
Country Famous for? Bears, Root Beer, Rocky Mountains, Skiing, Niagara waterfalls, Pacific rainforest, friendly people
When to visit: All year round, skiing and dog sledding in winter and hiking and wildlife viewing in summer
- What's Included
Professional Internship - Environmental internship
- Airport Pickup
We will be waiting for you at the airport and transfer you to your Homestay accommodation nearby the project.
Available on request at extra cost, contact us for more information
- Visa Application assistance
Even though the internship is unpaid a work permit is required to intern in Canada. We will assist you with the application
- Mail-holding service
You can use FRONTEERINGS office as a reliable address to have your mail delivered
- Ongoing service
If there are any problems with your volunteer project we are always there to help you and mediate between yourself and the organization.
Through FRONTEERING you have the possibility to book tours in Canada after you have finished your program
- 24/7 Emergency contact
If there are any problems during you stay in Vancouver you can reach us 24/7 to assist you.
What's not included: Flights, Insurance, accommodation, meals
08 Weeks: $1595.00 US
12 Weeks: $1795.00 US
16 Weeks: $1895.00 US
20 Weeks: $1995.00 US
The Internship placement is based on individual work history, educational background and personality. Candidates are strategically partnered with companies to produce the most rewarding overall experience. We have established relationships with these companies allow for direct support and assistance to all candidates throughout the entire duration of their program
- Office Related tasks
- Public Relations Related tasks
- Research related tasks
- Educate the public
We have organized thousands of internships designed specifically to fulfill university accreditation requirements. If you need specific tasks, type of work experience or a specific project, with a specific type of company, you have come to the right place.
- Requirements, Guidelines & Policies
- Required to commit to a minimum of 8 weeks or longer (4 - 6 weeks durations available on request)
- Must complete 2-4 days of training and shadow a senior employee before starting independent shifts
- NO SMOKING is allowed
- Strong work ethics are required: reliable, responsible, honest, good sense of humour, dependable, physically and mentally fit.
- Age: 18-30
- Working Holiday Visa or Work & Study Permit required (we will help you with the application)
- Good communication skills and the ability to work alone
- Good knowledge of the English
- EXTRA SERVICES
- Not only do we organize all aspects of the placement we also assist with arranging accommodation, transportation, trips, events, and have a thriving community of interns with whom you can share your experiences
- Fast Facts
- Internship location
- Area Famous For
The number one voted city: Vancouver, Coastal Mountains, Skiing, Tubing, Hiking, Biking, Sky diving, farmland, easy access to Vancouver island
- When to visit
All year round, in summer great hiking at the local mountains and lakes and in the winter to visit one of the local skiing areas.
- Wildlife viewing
Good, In the nearby surrounds are many opportunities to see wildlife like seals, Killer Whales, Humpback Whales, bald eagles, squirrels, Racoons, skunks, deer, coyotes and even Black Bears.
- Internship location
- Itinerary & Details
Day 1 - Arrive in British Columbia, Canada;
You will arrive in beautiful British Columbia where you will be met at the airport and transferred to your accommodation
For 8 - 24 weeks - work as a professional intern in Vancouver in the Environmental sector!
For the coming 2 months or longer you will have a great time interning while gaining experience, living in Vancouver, being surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges and nature!
Your last day - you will fly back home or take the opportunity to travel through Canada. Our staff will gladly help you to book any tours to see more of this great country. If you would like to visit Vancouver or Toronto; we can help you with both short and longer term accommodation.
You have the option to either find your own accommodation or to arrange it through Fronteering. One of the options we offer is Homestay with a Canadian family in Vancouver:
Homestay: live with a Canadian family and includes your own bedroom, laundry facility in the house, wireless internet, cable TV and 3 meals a day. Of course you can also make use of the living room, kitchen and washroom. It’s a great way to get to know the real Vancouver and improve your English.
Things to bring from home
- Clothes for cold temperatures as well as for summer for warm temperatures. Make these clothes are allowed to get dirty. Make sure to bring gloves, a toque and warm socks with you.
- Comfortable walking shoes are essential, and you should also pack a raincoat and some sun block
The intenrship organizations we work with are located in Vancouver where there is something to do for everyone. Whether it is enjoying the nature, ski or snowboard, mountain bike, hike, going to the nearby coast and enjoying the sea or visiting Vancouver Downtown.
Testimonials Coming Soon!